Saturday, August 2, 2014

Ryker moved up in the world!

The last couple of days have been busy. Yesterday we had a day full of visitors at the hospital. Ryker has quit the fan club. Parker and I get to interact with him more. I even changed one of the first poopy diapers. To be honest I wouldn't think poop would be so dang cute. We even got to see his little face the last couple of days. The nurses like to give him a break from the lights, so they take his glasses off for us to see him. His face just gets cuter every day. He is still on the ventilator. They just want him to focus on strengthening other parts and not working hard to breath.
Today I got to be discharged from the hospital. I was excited about that. After two weeks of nasty hospital food and an uncomfortable bed, I sure appreciate my house and my bed.  I spent alot of time today with baby. Just watching him sleep makes me smile. I love his cute little feet. I want to kiss them! It was a little hard to leave him at the hospital all by himself. But I keep telling myself, there is nothing I can do for him. The nurses know what they are doing. So I just pray he will do what he needs to come home. The most exciting news is that Ryker moved to a different room. He is now only sharing with one other baby. Much more quit for him. I like it better. Much more privacy for us when we visit. Things look up for him. They are now feeding him more. Hopefully he starts to gain weight. Keep the prayers up. Looks like all your faith and prayers are working. Love you all and thanks for the support.




1 comment:

  1. Awww, I'm so glad to hear he's doing better! He looks so sweet! Both of my babies were NICU graduates and leaving them there after being discharged was always a hard day, but you're right, he's well cared for and safe and the joy on the day you bring him home will be that much sweeter! We continue to pray for you all!!

    ReplyDelete