Thursday, August 14, 2014

Another day goes by

Today was another great day for my man Ryker. I think he is figuring out the breast feeding. Its a little awkward to have two nurses, a doctor, and an occupational therapist there watching you try to feed your baby. I feel like I have flashed the whole hospital these days. Ha. Today Little man gained 40 grams. The doctors are thinking about putting him on protein, but they haven't done it yet. They said they are waiting to see if he gains weight again tomorrow. He needs to gain weight, that's the major goal right now. So prayer his way would be much appreciated. On the upside, he is starting to maintain his own temperature. They gave him a different bed that will help him transition to an open crib. The doctors say he is a little to small still, but hopefully by next week he will be in an open crib. I have been given more opportunity with Ryker. They are letting me pick him up and we get to snuggle for more extended time. It is so addicting to have mommy and baby time. I live for it. Here are some pictures.  He is pretty cute.

 The pirate eye!!!



2 comments:

  1. Prayers to all of you, that the breast feeding goes well and baby starts to gain weight! Breast milk is amazing stuff and perfect for your little guy...it's liquid gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each time, I fall more in love with him. What a wonderful blessing he is. Love you Jess, Parker and the soon to be little/big man, Ryker the Rock star!!!!!

    ReplyDelete