Saturday, August 9, 2014

Father and son snuggle time

As a missionary in Rome, I was blessed to teach a family that had a 20 year old girl with special needs. I felt this impression one day that I was going to have a child with special needs.  Before and after my mission I worked as a paraprofessional  helping students with all different learning disabilities. I feel I have been blessed and prepared to help my son with whatever difficulties he may have in his life.  Yesterday, we got the phone call for the genetics results.  We were told that Ryker has a rare chromosomal disorder where he has three copies of chromosome 9p. There is not much information about this rare disorder. On Monday, we will be talking to a geneticist about his condition. More information will be given to us, but there is good chance we won't know what he will struggle with until he is older.  I took it a little hard at first. I wasn't feeling bad for myself, but I was feeling scared for my son.  But the more I see my son and the more we get to hold him, I know Heavenly Father blessed us to have him in our lives.  Heavenly Father has trusted us enough to send such a special boy.  So please don't give us sympathy. Ryker is exactly how our Heavenly Father wants him to be.  We are all going to be okay with whatever is going to happen with my little beautiful boy.
Last night we got to go to the hospital to hold our little boy again.  It was Parker's first time.  It was really cute to see father and son snuggle together.  He is such a cute little kid and I just love kissing his little head. The more I see him, the more grateful I am to have him in my life. I don't care what he has, I will also love him. He will always be my little tough rockstar. Here are a few pictures for you to oohh and aahh at.





3 comments:

  1. Such sweet pictures! You are all so lucky and blessed to have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so blessed to have the Spirit given to us from our heavenly father to help us understand. So blessed you are to have ryker first when you have lots of time for just him. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about these pics. Yay, Daddy P! Love you all, looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete