Thursday, August 28, 2014

Wednesday August 27

Sorry my dear followers I have been slacking on the baby updates. I started my masters degree program on Monday and I am already swamped with homework. I haven't done the school thing in a while so it might take me a while to get the hang of things again.
Now onto the baby update. On Monday, there wasn't much to update. He keeps gaining weight which is the goal. Keep it up little. Right now he is weighing in at 3 lbs 10 ounces.  They keep telling me he is low in weight because of his trisomy. Hopefully, he can keep it stable.
Tuesday was an excellent day for breast feeding. Ryker got a good latch and yummy taste of breast milk. His mouth was so full, he didnt know what to do with it. The little guy choked a little. Hoping for some more successful breast feeding days this week.
Now today, my little guy had a hard day. He was struggling with his breathing, which they tell me he will grow out of the apea and low heart rates. I hope soon cuz every time it happens it scares me to death. Ryker man also had a very stressful eye exam. They gave him some pain relievers and proceeded to open his eye up with medal prongs. Poor little man was terrified and shaking. He cried hard too. At least his eyes are on the right track. seems like he is doing good there. I had to hold him for a good thirty minutes to calm him down. His eyes were all swollen when I left. Tomorrow is also going to be a stressful day. He has a head exam. I hope everything goes good.

No comments:

Post a Comment