Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Surgery has proven a success!!!

Today was a big step in Ryker's recovery. He was bumped down to 1/8 of a liter of oxygen. He is doing fantastic with it. Sleeping is still a challenge for him, so we will most likely still be using the bipap but still it's a huge blessing to see some improvement. I wanted it to be fixed right after surgery, but there weeks later is fantastic too. I was looking faith that it wouldn't happen, but once again heavenly father proved me wrong. He is my little miracle baby for sure.

Ryker is more aware of faces, lights, toys, and everything around him. He loves to smile and is starting to have a grunt laugh. He finally can shake a rattle in fact he has this little orange ball he loves to sleep with. It's like his comfort toy. Today in therapy he started to lift his head on belly higher then I have seen him. It's been a big week for eating as well. I have been feeding him a bottle pretty much the every feed except at night time and naps. He is doing excellent!  Taking in about 4 1/2 ounces of formula each time. It is still thickened, but he is growing so much.  


I just remember all the tears of bring him home for the first time, but the frustration of him not eating and not being able to breath. I was so scared and I can't believe he has come this far. Once again Heavenly Father has proven me wrong. Oh yea of little faith!! I still have lots to learn. 


This is Ryker's home health nurse friend Paige! We sure do love her!!!





 Ryker's first adventure out after surgery. We went to boondocks and he handled really well.




No comments:

Post a Comment