Monday, August 17, 2015

Saying goodbye to Jen and Godfrey!

Well this has been a great weekend. First my amazing older brother Jeromy stayed with us on Friday. We played Video games until 4:30 in the morning. I haven't done that since I was in college. It was a great fun time. It was also nice to bond with him again. Living out of state makes it hard to get together with my brothers. So it is so nice to live so close now. Hopefully more Halo sleepover adventures int he future.

On Saturday we went to Jen and Godfrey's house in sugar house. We helped them pack up the last of their belongs so they could set off to Boston. It didn't hit me until we were leaving that Jen was actually leaving. I cried because we have become so close the last couple of years. Crazy huh. My mom always told us we would be best friends. Who would have thought she would have been right. She maybe old, but she does have some good things to learn from still. We all played card games fora while before it was time to depart. They are off for an adventure and I am slightly jealous. One day we will be able to do a huge move like that. We still have to wait for Ryker to become much more stable in his breathing.

Speaking of breathing, Ryker is doing a lot better. He is down to 1/8 of liter still, but taking it like the champ he is. We have tried to take it down more, but he just can't hold it just yet. We have him hooked up to the heart monitor most of the day just to make sure he is doing ok with an 1/8. He is doing great so far. We don't see the sleep doc again until September. I am a little nervous to see him. He is the one who says yes or no to the bipap and getting completely off of oxygen. Still praying, but I am so blessed to have seen the miracle surgery working already. Hopefully in a few more weeks we will see some more improvement.

Ryker is getting to the point now where he is taking the majority of his feeds through the bottle. He is eating about 5 ounces of formula each meal time. We are also introducing him to baby foods. He has tried pears, apples, bananas, and sweet potatoes. He seems to enjoy them. The goal now is to transition him off of night time feedings. Hopefully it turns out well. We don't see the dietitian for a couple more weeks, but we might be going up on calories and food intake. Ryker is at a big boy weight of 17.3lbs. I can't believe it! He is getting so big. Well here's to another great week of our Allen family adventure. Loves!

I just want to give a little shout out to my amazing sister in law. Sadie Julian is like the perfect daughter and an awesome sister! She is always so willing to help my mom. We have a running joke that she is out doing me and I need to step up my game. My mom and her are doing all the craft days that we never got to do because I lived in Idaho. She is amazing at being proactive in helping others out. I sure love her. I am so glad my brother married her. Great Choice Josh! It's only been a couple of month, but I already feel like we are sisters. You rock Sadie!!




 Ryker's First Time Eating Solid Foods. He wasn't sure what to do!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment