Sunday, May 22, 2016

Eternal Joy Through Following the Spirit

"Joy comes as we recognize that we can communicate with our Heavenly Father through prayer and that those prayers will be heard and answered—perhaps not how and when we expected they would be answered, but they will be answered and by a Heavenly Father who knows and loves us perfectly and who desires our happiness" Pres. Monson

This week I am teaching a lesson on the spiritual promptings we get to follow and how to recognize the spiritual promptings from our Heavenly Father. Thinking back to my life and the spiritual promptings that I have received, I feel so blessed to have the Holy Ghost in my life. There has been several promptings that I am thankful for that I decided to follow them. They have been the guide and turning point of my testimony and my life. The first one was the prompting that I needed to serve a mission. That was such a hard thing for me to follow due to the fact that I just finished waiting for my missionary. I desperately wanted to stay and get married, but Heavenly Father had a different plan for me. Going on my mission not only helped others find the gospel of Jesus Christ, but it is one of the foundations of my testimony. All the experiences, people, and trials I had as a missionary I would never take back. I needed to experience love, lost, and triumph as a missionary to be able to lean on my Heavenly Father throughout my life. 

The second prompting that changed my life was the crazy idea of transferring all my college credits to BYU Idaho. It didn't make sense because I lost over half of the credit I worked so hard to get. But Once again, Heavenly Father knows best. I would have never found my Fabulous Parker. I know it was a short visit to Rexburg, but with only one semester there I found the love of my life and I once again would never have changed that experience for anything.

The latest big prompting Parker and I both received was Ryker and not getting a breathing tube in his neck. I was told over and over again that he needed it, but blessing after blessing, prayer after prayer I was told not to do it. That he will overcome this. After almost years of waiting, praying, and having faith that was we were following was the spirit, Ryker has had a miracle recovery. He is tube free 100%. Another life changing experience. It has made my testimony grow so much. I have a stronger Faith. More hope. And a unwavering testimony of the love of my Heavenly Father and miracles if I pray and have faith really do happen. 

We have had many other crazy promptings from the spirit and we try really hard to follow them. There are times I have found myself I don't. Those times I feel the lack of the spirit in my life. The more I follow the spirit the better my life is and my testimony always grows deeper and stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment