Saturday, May 21, 2016

Take a look at May 2016

We kicked started May off with a great Mother's day celebration. We had a little get together with the Allen Clan at my house this year. Parker got a new BBQ grill for a late birthday present and wanted to show it off. So we grilled up some burgers and enjoyed each others company. We also celebrated mother's day with my family by doing yard work for my mom. That's really all she wants is to make her yard beautiful. Speaking of yards, Parker and I have been working really hard to get our front and backyard clean up and weed free. It's hard work and it's been getting really hot the last couple of weeks. But I am loving all the compliments for all our neighbors. We still have a lot of work to do in our backyard, but it will look so great after it's all done. I am starting to get the green thumb my mom has. I am loving having flowers in my gardens and seeing all the beautiful colors makes me smile. I am loving it! We have also be redecorating our home. We finished painting the kitchen cabinets and painted accent walls and the bathrooms. It looks fabulous! It really gives our house a personality. I am loving the look of our house. It's great!

May also was a month of firsts for Ryker man. He got to take a trip in the RzR for the first time. He was a little nervous, but then he seemed to enjoy it. Ryker also got to go swimming for the first time without his gtube. He got cold and the pool wasn't very accommodating for little babies, but he used a floaty. He did great. I think it's going to be a hit this summer. It will give us something to do other then just sitting home.

Another big hit this last month has been softball. Playing twice a week is kicking my butt. I use to playing everyday with no problems, now I am feeling how old I am. I am not even that old, but I am always sore and stiff the next day. It's been fun. I really need some practice. I can't hit the ball like I use to and I am struggling with catching fly balls. I know getting hit in the head has really taken a toll on me. I am playing nervous and not myself. But I am enjoying every minute of it. Our family team may not be the best team, but we are having a good time playing together. Our wingers tradition has really been fun as well. It reminds me of when I was younger and spending all summer at the ballpark. That's how it will be with our little family. I will always play and hopefully my kids will love it as much as I do.

The last weekend we took a little camping trip down south to Canyonland National Park. We had a blast as a family! The trip down was great. We just took our time and in no rush. Ryker also did great on the long car ride. Surprisingly Bailey did great on the ride down and back up. The first day we set up camp, played games just Parker and I, and went swimming in this really cool waterfall. We didn't hang out much with his parents that first day, but it was so much fun just hanging out with just our little family. We should go camping more often by ourselves. No technology, no phones, it's quiet and peaceful. No stress just relaxing. Ryker had so much fun as well. No therapy and doctors. Just fun. We went on a rzr ride for a couple of hours the next day and then went and played in the river. Let me tell you, Ryker loved the river! Bailey loved it even more. I have never seen our dog have that much energy. He ran through the water like a puppy. It definitely wore him out. We had a little mishap down at the river. Ryker slipped into the water face first. It was a little scary. He couldn't breath because he had water up his nose. Lucky I stayed calm and patted his back to get the water out. Other then that scary event, the rest of the trip was a blast.

This month we found out that Ryker has allergies to food. We will be taking a trip to an allergy doctor. I fed him eggs and he had a reaction and closed off his airway. His ears turned red, hives, red eyes, swollen face. It was scary. We almost took him to the hospital, but I have such a bad taste in my mouth for Primary's. I just couldn't do it. So we gave him some benedryl and prayed he would get better quickly. Parker gave him a blessing, (I am so grateful for the priesthood) and he was okay. Another miracle for the Ryk man.  Hopefully we the doctor can test to see what else he can't have so we don't have to deal with that again.

May was an adventure. I can't believe it's over. This year has gone by so fast and summer is already here. Summer is going to be an adventure in it's self. Let's see what's in storage in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment