Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Updating my peeps... Here's a look at what we did in March

I haven't been the best person to update the blog. Parker tells me if I want followers I have to write something. So here I am followers, I am writing something for your enjoyment. Let's do a little run down of all amazingness of our little Allen Family.
March: Josh and Sadie came up quiet a bit in March. We hung out a ton! I sure love those two. Sadie is such a great sister and a huge example of how I want to be as a person. She has so much patience and compassion for others. I love watching her with my little Ryker. She has a pure love for him. She is going be a great mom someday. I can't wait to move closer to her. I am totally hanging out with her so much when I move closer to them.
We had the opportunity in the beginning of March to see our long lost friends from Idaho Falls. They just moved back from Georgia to Idaho Falls. We were and still are super excited to be closer to them. We love them so much. They are such a great example of friendship and support through the hard times. We hungout with them all weekend and got to see how big their kids have gotten. Time really does go by fast. Kids grow up so much in two years. We had a blast going to a decade dinner party with them. We dressed up in the 20's and our costumes were pretty fantastic. I was proud of ourselves for throwing something amazing like that together. It was a good time. March was also a headache because after that trip, our little family came down with two weeks of torture sicknesses. I got the stomach flu for a week. Being sick and trying to take care of little ryks is hard. I was worrying the whole time he would get it. Well Parker was the unlucky one who got it, but it was much worse for him. He ended up with a stomach infection. Don't fun missing work for being sick. Well through all the craziness, Ryker ended up getting a really bad respiratory virus and double ear infection. It was so bad we debted for two days if we needed to take him to the hospital. In the pit of my stomach I kinda new I should have, but I didn't want to experience the hospital again. We have had enough complications with Primary's that I didn't want to go back. It's like I've been traumatized from that hospital and I don't ever want to go back.
March was a busy month, we had Easter, which was way crazy, Jonas' baby blessing was that day as well and celebrating Easter with both sides of the family. We played the game of driving everywhere. It was a pretty good day. We got to see all the favorites and eat lots of good food. Sheila made a great Easter egg hunt for the grand kids. Ryker still doesn't understand all the fun of it all, but someday he will. It was great to get the traditions in anyways. We also had the Provo Temple dedication at the end of March. We haven't been to the temple as a couple in forever. I totally miss the days when we could go weekly, but I am still an overly protective mama and have a hard time leaving Ryker with anyone. Hopefully I get over that someday, but right now I am just now ready.  It was a great experience to feel the temple spirit and here the wonderful stories of the history of the temple building. I love this church so much. It brings me so much joy. March was a hard month for Ryker and his development. I was feeling and sometimes still feel the burden of having special needs baby. We were told over and over of how much Ryker is behind in his milestones. One therapist even put us on hold for 6 weeks because he just wasn't moving forward. It's a little frustrating and burdensome. I feel sometimes I don't try hard enough to make Ryker do his therapy at home. I often give in to his crying unlike the therapists, but we just keep trying. It's been rough. Just another reminder of how my life is always going to be and a huge reminder that Ryker is just a special boy and working at his own pace. He is special needs. There are days I don't see that. I just pretend he is normal like all other kids. But then sometimes things happen to put that reminder back. It's like hearing the news from the doctor again. I still take one day at a time. I think it will always be like that.
I even got a new calling for our ward. I am the new Relief Society Activities coordinator. I was this in Idaho Falls for a while so I kinda know what to do. I planned a really cool Relief Society Birthday Party for March. We had a Mad Hatter Tea Party and I tied in all the crazy life experience Alice had in Wonderland with the gospel. We also played The queen of Hearts minute to win it games. I had fun, but the difficult thing for this ward is no one comes. And the ones that do come I felt didn't want to join in on the fun and they have thought it was dumb. I don't know. I struggle a lot with this ward. I feel like I don't fit in. It just doesn't feel like a family like our other ward in Idaho Falls did. I feel like people don't want to go out of their way to make friends with anyone. They are all stuck in their own worlds without inviting others to come in. I know I could do better at inviting others into my world, but it's difficult when you don't feel like you fit in.

March was a pretty interesting month. Still just rolling with the punches. Living life to it's fullest. I did invest my time in march to planting seeds to make my flower beds beautiful this year. It was hard work, but it was well worth it. They are making their way into the world and turning out to be so pretty. Well peeps....there's a glimpse into what we did in March 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment