Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Sneak peek of April 2016

Now April was a fun month. We had a good time in April. We started the month off with conference. I absolutely love conference!! It brings me so much peace, hope, and inspiration to be better. It is always the best to start a month off with talks by inspired brothers and sisters of our Heavenly Father.

I did lots of yard work in April. To be honest, I hate pulling weeds, but it does make your yard look so fresh with they are gone. We still have lots to do in our backyard. I am not looking forward to it. But when it's done, it will be beautiful. All I got to say is, our next house we will be putting in our our garden touches. Nothing huge like this house and the great thing about the next house is that no one before us will have trashed the crap out of it. The last two houses we bought we have had to do so much to the yard and it's back breaking work. Yes, I know it's good for you, but I would rather be doing my hobbies then yard work.

So in April I started a softball team for the Julian and Allen family clans. We play every Friday night. It's a blast. I also joined a Wednesday coed league. I am loving every second of it. I just feel like softball is my thing. I am good at it and I feel like I can make friends doing it. Every time I get ready to play I get the softball butterflies and there's a shaking in my bones. I love the feeling I get when I am on the field and when I am up to bat. Heavenly Father really has blessed me with a talent. It is what I have needed to release built up stress and anxiety throughout the week. It makes me a happier person. I won't ever be giving up on this sport. I love it too much! Well with softball comes injuries. Those of you who know me. I play hardcore all out, diving, sliding, do it or die attitude. When you play like this there is going to be times of injury, well I experienced my first one of the season my second week of games. I was pitching and a line drive was hit so hard I didn't even see it coming. It hit me right in the head. I was out! I had to go to the hospital in an ambulance. (That cost a pretty penny) Luckily I didn't have any brain bleeds, but a huge concussion and a knocking headache. The doctor cut a incision on my head to help with the goose egg. She pushed all the blood out and it bled for 6 hours. I was grateful she did that because my black eyes would have been worse. It was a long two weeks. No softball, no housework, no nothing. I just sat on my butt. Not fun. But now I am in full swing of things again. Softball here I come!

April I found the love of upcycling old things I find either in my house or at thrift stores. I have made some really cute home decor for my house. I also found the love of painting. We finished our Kitchen cabinets in April, I also painted stripes on the wall of our family room, Stenciled an awesome design in our front room and did some great accent walls in our master bed and two bathrooms. I am enjoying decorating our house even though we will only be here for another years or so. It is giving me ideas of what I want to do in our next house. I think in the next house I am going to try venturing out into other colors for the kids room and maybe Parker's Man cave area. We will see! I got to admit though our kitchen is looking pretty amazing. Redoing the cabinets really made a huge difference. It's fun to have crafting ideas and get them done. I love it!

April was a month of Ryker developmental Miracles. Ryker figured out how to sit unassisted this month. He got to show off his stuff to his therapists and they are loving the improvements. Thank goodness. I was getting worried they would just right us off and we would have to find new ones. He is also cruising up a storm with rolling. Ryker goes all over the place now. They way I found that out was he was on my bed and all of a sudden he decided to roll off the bed. Crash! Onto the floor. First bruise! Within the same week he rolls to get his oxygen tank and knocks it over on himself. Once again reminder that my baby is a mover. Mama needs to be prepared. We also had a sleep study in April. That was crazy. Once again I hate Primary's. It is the worse place ever. I am so happy we don't have to go there very much anymore. I get these chills that go up my spine every time I walk through the doors. I hate that place. Well a week before the study I called the doctor to see if we could do a sleep study without the bipap settings. He told me he didn't feel comfortable doing that. I did try to tell him Ryker wasn't tolerating the bipap, but of course he didn't listen. Well the sleep study comes along and of course, Ryker doesn't tolerate the bipap. Just like I said. For 5 hours the Respiratory therapist struggled to get him to fall asleep because he hate the mask. The only time he fell asleep was on the nasal cannula. Well she finally called the doctor to get orders to do a study without the bipap and what do you know. Ryker did amazing!! Got the phone call that he doesn't need a machine to breath anymore. No more bipap! No more medical bills for it! He doesn't have severe sleep apnea anymore. He just needs a small dose of oxygen while he sleeps. Huge!!! Huge!! Heavenly Father once again blessed my little buddy with a miracle. I truly didn't think he would ever get off that thing. I thought he would be on it his whole life. Not matter what the doctors say, that surgery was the answer. I am glad we stuck to our guns. Little Ryker is proving the medical world wrong everyday, I love it! And I am so proud to be him mama! Great job little buddy!

April went by fast I felt. To be honest I can't believe summer is just around the corner. Life has been going by so fast. Ryker is almost two and I can't believe we been dealing with all the craziness for two years now. We are barely catching our breath right now and before you know it life will through us into another tornado and we will be moving again. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment