Sunday, May 8, 2016

May 8, 2016 A reflection on Mother's day!

Mother's day! I can't believe another has come again. Last year was my first one and to be honest I know I was very stressed to be a mother at that point in my life. I reflect on my two years of being a mother and it is something totally different then what I expected. My experience as a mother is completely different then anyone else's experience. It's my own personal motherhood experience I wouldn't change it any other way.

This last week, I was visited by my mother in law and sister in law. As I watched those two I had a great appreciation for them in a motherly aspect. My sister in law has a crazy toddler who I adore so much, but he is very mobile. He has toddler aspects that have been in grained to his brain that Ryker doesn't possess yet. But as I watched her parent him and his little sister I was impressed with how she dealt with it all. She does it with so much grace and love. I am grateful Ryker is wear he is developmentally because seeing what he could be, I was thinking I don't know if I could keep up. She is such an amazing example of patience. I need more of her patience in my life.

My mother in law. Wow! What a lady! She is one of my best friends, someone I call for spiritual and temporal advice. She is always willing to service my family and help out whenever she can. In my eyes she is exactly what a grandma is suppose to be. She reminds me of my grandma. Fun, adventurous, and spiritual. I love having deep conversations with her about my life, my son's life, my husband, and our future. I love dreaming big dreams with her. She makes my life full of traditions and I appreciate all the traditions she has planned for our family. I couldn't ask for a better mother in law. She is the balance I need in my life because she is completely different then my own mother.

Now my mom, man I love her. She too is one of my best friends. She's a huge inspiration to me. After life has thrown her through the ringer she is still willing to push forward. Now there have been some crazy ups and extreme downs with our relationship. There are times I am so frustrated with her that I want to ring her neck, but then there are times that I wouldn't want her to change because her craziness is exactly what I need. She pushes me to be better. She makes me be stronger. She has installed the Julian fight to keep going and don't take NO for answer. She has made me braver and fearless. My mom is incredible! I wouldn't change her one bit, mostly because I am exactly like her. We butt head often because we are both head strong. My likes are her likes. My mother is crazy, but her crazy is my crazy and that's the way I like it. My son is lucky to have such a loving, crazy grandma like my mom. I hope one day he has some of our crazy in him as well.

I love mother's day. I really gets me thinking about all the great mother examples that have make me who I am today. I have worked with amazing ladies at Joanns. They really help me see the importance of life and what I looked forward in the future. My ex boyfriend's mother was a huge example to me. I needed her in that point in time. She also had a huge impact on who I am and what I want to become. All these amazing mothers have blessed my life so much. I hope one day I can possess some maybe even all the amazing Christ like attributes they all have. I hope this mother's day in unforgettable to all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment