Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Childhood memories (June 5, 2016)

Yesterday we had the opportunity to go fishing with my dad and Lori. I wasn't sure what to expect because we haven't had too many encounters with them for the last couple of years. But I felt Ryker needed to have a bonding experience with his grandpa. It actually went very well. It brought me back to my childhood of going fishing with my dad and grandpa. We had amazing memories of camping and fishing with my grandpa. One of the best memories I have is when I was about 14. I went deer hunting with my dad and grandpa. My little brother and sister were there as well. My grandpa found a little stream with a hole that had a huge fish in it. The fish couldn't get to the river because the stream didn't connect. My grandpa was going to teach us how to catch a fish without a fishing pole. He bent down to scoop up the fish, but he slipped and fell right into the stream. He was so wet. He got everything wet. We were laughing so hard. He decided we needed a pole or a net to get the fish out. It was one of the best memories of my grandpa. Man I sure to miss that man. I can't wait until the day comes where I will be able to speak with him again and discuss life experiences. I  had the best grandparents in the world. They were always supportive and willing to help me out. I loved going to their house on Sunday afternoons, make myself a "Grandma Sandwich" and shoot the breeze with both of them. They have such interesting views on life and how we were suppose to live it. I sure do love and miss them so much. I hope Ryker gets to have wonderful experiences with his grandparents such as I did when I was a youngster.

No comments:

Post a Comment