Friday, September 4, 2015

Adventure week!

This week has been an adventure. Ryker and I have gone places! not doctors or therapist, but actual places to see actual people for fun! Crazy huh. I didn't think that would even come. We took a train ride (the frontrunner) for the first time on Friday to go hang out with my family at Jeromy's place. It brought back memories of riding the train all the time as a missionary. It was great! I even met a really nice lady. We talked for a good 25 minutes while waiting to get to our destination. Once getting to Jeromy's house we played video games and talked about life. Jeromy unfortunately is getting a divorce. I am sad that he has to go through this, but I am excited that he is going to be a father. I sure hope Kathy will let us all see the baby often. I am still the aunt and I sure want to get to know this little one on the way. Sadie, Josh, and Mom came up for the evening. It was really nice to hang out with all of them.

On Saturday, Ryker and I took a little vacation up to Idaho. Parker wanted to stay behind. I don't think he feels like it's the same Idaho. He just wants to remember the old one like we loved it. Well driving to Idaho and entering Idaho Falls he was right. It didn't feel like home anymore. It made me sad because every time we drove back to Idaho Falls from Utah I always had the feeling of home finally. And it's not like that anymore. I love Idaho Falls. I truly miss it! It has a special meaning in my heart. We had to overcome so much in Idaho and we grow up a lot together. We had ups and downs there, but I will always be thankful for the time we had there. We needed to be there and we learned from that experience.

None the less, we had a good time. I got to say good bye to everyone. Well mostly everyone. Our old ward split and we are in a new building so I didn't see everyone. There was a homecoming for one of the young men while I was there. I even took a little trip to Ammon Elementary. I was really nice to say good bye to Ammon once again and see all the kids and teachers. It was also nice to introduce Ryker to everyone. A part of me misses that school, but also I am so glad I am not there anymore. It is a good change. I joked  before I left Ammon that it would be nice to only be in charge of one kid, well Ryker is like more then one. More like 30 kids with all his medical problems. Ha it was a good time.

Idaho Falls has changed so much. There is a Hobby Lobby, a Cabelas, and a Reed's Dairy all by my old school. It's crazy!. The unfortunate thing is that it's growing. More and more people are starting to move there. Sad! I want my little Idaho Falls back. Well in my memories and heart it will always be my little Idaho Falls.

We even ventured to my Mom's house this last week. We hung out with Grandma and Sadie. It was nice to have some girl time. Now that Tami isn't around anymore I need someone to hang out with. Sadie is the perfect one! I just love her to death. She is so sweet and sincere about everyone and everything. I need to do more girl nights with her and get to know her better. I joke with her that she is a better daughter to my mom. She is always there for her and willing to help her out. It is nice to know someone is there to take care of her. Sadie is such a great example to me! love her to death!

While I was at my mom's house I got my hair cut. I got about 8 inches cut off. It's really different now. I like it, but I can't do all my cute braids like I use to. I really  needed the hair cut. I haven't had it cut in like a year so I had lots of split ends. Soon enough it will grow back to the long length, until then I will have to come up with new hair styles.

School started this week. I don't know if I am ready for it to start again. Homework is going to kill me this semester. It's a different type of class then I am use to. It's going to be a hard class I believe. Hopefully I can get through it with a good grade. The bonus is that Ryker isn't in the hospital this time. Knock on wood. I hope we don't have ti spend time in the hospital for a while. Prayers always in that area. But he had truly been blessed.

Ryker has had lots of appointments since the last time I wrote. He caught a  cold virus this last week. Now I am sick so it hasn't been fun. I guess it's time to tell the kids they can't come over anymore. School in session and virus. Not a good mix for sick kids and Ryker. Sometime I think people just don't understand how serious it is when Ryker gets sick. If we didn't have the bipap and oxygen we would be in the hospital more often when he gets sick. So don't be surprised if there is a sign that says no little or sick humans allowed. We just want Ryker to get over all this bad luck!

We also found out that Ryker has some fluid on his brain so we are doing another Ultrasound next week. We will also be talking to a neuro surgeon. Hopefully not another surgery. Ryker also got his one year old shots and a flu shot. I believe him being sick already those shots made it worse. Hopefully we can get over this in the next couple of days.

We have had some financial situations this last week. Two of Ryker's hospital stays the insurance doesn't want to approve them. One of them was from the Nicu back in November of last year when the Doctor messed up his esophagus. So if the insurance doesn't pay for those stays we might have to take matters into our own hands. Praying things will work out!  We also are having trouble with our car. Problems that are going on with it are costly. We have a warranty that the dealership doesn't want to honor it because it was previously wrecked. I am hoping Parker can fix these problems. He always tells me He can fix anything. I love my husband! He always tells me that the big problems are his problems and not to worry about them. He is always right. Some how he always makes them work out. He is my Hero!!!

This last FHE we played a dance game as a family. We haven't had that much fun in a long time!  I surely do love my family. It's nice to have our own space and own problems. Well enough of this crazy entry. I will inspire you all again next week!!!





This is how long my hair was before I cut it!!!! WOW!!!!




Train Ride to Salt Lake. Ryker loved the view!!!!


Hey look our Idaho House has grass now!!! I wish I would have done that!



Hanging with our Idaho Buddies was a lot of fun! Ryker really enjoyed the adventure!




Ryker's first date! He sure did love meeting new babies this trip!




Idaho Falls Luxury!! I sure do miss this yummy chocolate milk and their amazing ice cream! 


No comments:

Post a Comment