Friday, September 11, 2015

Ryker is impressing his mama!

This week has been a great learning week for me. Ryker has been sick and every time he is sick I freak out. You see the old Ryker always ended up in the hospital. And there we would find more problems and worry about other things doctors would find. Hospital stress is something I hate dealing with and it has been our norm for the last year. To be honest, I didn't believe we would ever see anything different. But my little Ryker man once again proved me wrong. He has been sick, but holding his oxygen and playing like a normal baby. We went to the doctor and that is exactly what I was told. His symptoms are just like a normal kid. Something I don't need to worry about. It was a huge relief to hear that. I have been stressing all week.  Heavenly Father is showing me that Ryker is changing and miracles do happen. I just need to remember all the promises that have been placed upon my son.

We had an ultrasound for his little head. Found out he has the same amount of fluid as he did before when he was in the nicu so everything is normal for Ryker. Thank goodness!  One more miracle going for little man. We also saw pulmonary. It was a new doctor and I really liked him a whole lot! I have heard so many good things about him so I am glad we get him now. The funny thing is that he has heard lots of stories of my little man and his strong headed mother. I guess Ryker is the talk of the hospital with our little show down back in June. With my fighting for him and the doctors finally listening. Everyone has heard about us. Pretty funny. The doctor was like "It's nice to put a face to the stories I have heard about you two." I felt a little honored that people are talking about Ryker and I. I am a proud mama who knows what's best for her little boy. Well he basically said we are on the right track of getting off oxygen. He didn't want to change anything because Ryker has been sick. But we do have another sleep study in four weeks.

This week in therapy we got to try some solids. Ryker has some big goals this week. He is suppose to take everything by mouth and we are not allowed to use the pump anymore. Makes me nervous because it's the last step of getting the tube out. I am scared to see what the GI doc is going to say about the gtube. He is doing fantastic with eating and if you look at his grow chart you will be able to tell he loves to eat. He is chunky, has grown two inches, and two pounds in the last two months. Breathing better does wonders for everything else. He is finally in 6-9 month clothes! And still growing out of those. I am sure proud of my little miracle fighter,

Adrianne is our Favorite therapist!!! Ryker has a special connection with her. She has gotten him to do wonderful thing over the past seven months! We love her!





No comments:

Post a Comment