Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Post surgery and hospitals

Well the last post was before the big surgery, and here we are two weeks after surgery. We are still in the hospital. Surgery went well. The ENT doctor told us that his nose wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be. Ryker was breathing much better after surgery. I was very happy to see him not struggling with breathing as much. We were in recovery for an hour, then we ventured up stairs to the infant room. Doc Grimmer anticipated only a short stay here at the hospital. He was telling us only over the night or by Sunday. But that night Ryker was dropping his oxygen levels and was struggling breathing. In my mother perspective, I believe his nose to swollen and was still in shock of surgery so because babies are nose breathers Ryker couldn't breath. They had to put a tube in his throat to help him breath. He was also taken to the ICU.  Once again the ICU game. I hate it. But on the up note it is better because I can sleep with my little baby. I have a bed and there are a lot more accomidations for me. It's a better situation then last time. I keep telling myself we did four months of this with no parker, no sleeping at the hospital, and more frustration, I can do this. Piece of cake. It is nice to see my husband everyday through this whole thing. That's a blessing. One Reason we are suppose to be here. Well with all this happening he developed episodes of not breathing. Some nurses say he would hold his breath, some would say he wouldn't breath, some would say it was when he was wake, while other said it was when he was asleep. These episodes were happening at home, but Parker and I thought they were due to his obstruction in his nose. We were praying that once it was fix he would be able to breath just fine. Well Ryker struggled for a week being intubated. They would use morphine for pain and sedate him which made the episodes worse. The ICU doctors decided to take him off the morphine and sedation thank goodness. I hate how doctors think meds are the solution for everything. They would sedate him more with his episodes thinking it was axiety. But that wasn't it. We have had test after test the last two week. MRI his brain, CT of his heart and chest, Blood work, Virus tests, Infection tests, EKG for seizures, Meds for seizures, EEG of his heart. They still haven't found anything for the cause. Ryker got extubated last Friday the 23rd and we were moved upstairs back to the infant room. Grandma Allen came to spend the weekend with little because it was the last weekend we had to move out of our Idaho house. Yes folks, it's official, we are now Utahans again. I was really emotional as I pack up our belongs and saw my friends from Idaho Falls for the last time. I was feeling very grateful and blessed to have lived in Idaho Falls for as long as we did. It will truly have a special place in my heart. I cried one last time as I looked at our house empty with a uhaul parked in front. I was remembering all the blessings and experiences we had in Idaho. I thought of all the people that have touched my life and made me a better person. I will miss the experiences we had there. We had many people show up to help us pack. People that I care about very much, friends that I consider family. I said good bye to our old ward. As I sat in Sacrament Meeting I felt like it wasn't my ward anymore. This isn't where I was suppose to be anymore. I was feeling blessed for all the miracles that had happened to use while living in Idaho. God is real. I testify of that. He is aware and knows everything we are going through.
For those of you that don't know I am still going to school through Boise state. School started the week of Ryker's surgery. It's been a struggles once again. Often I think why am I doing this while my son is the hospital, but I feel it's what I am suppose to do. So I just push forward. I have already had one late assignment. Trying to juggle Ryker in the hospital, moving from Idaho, selling our house, and getting ourselves situated for what is next. Life just didn't have time for homework this week. Hopefully it will be better next week.
Well that is our story for this week. It's been crazy busy and full of stress. Hopefully we can survive another week of this craziness.

1 comment: