Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Ryker is here!!!!!

Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday. It was a very crazy, fast day.  Ryker was having a hard time the night before with his heart rate. It was dropping quickly then it would come back up. On the ultrasound, the blood flow was completely backwards and he had stopped growing.  My doctor was very concerned because he wasn't moving as much as he did the week before. She debated between delivering me or send me to the university of Utah hospital for more tests. The doctor made a decision and I was life flighted to salt lake. Let me tell you, that was an experience I wouldn't want to do again. The ambulance ride to the airport in Idaho falls was terrible. They stuck me 6 time trying for a IV. I have bruises up both my arms. They tried for an hour wiggling the needle in my hands and arms. When we got to the airplane, I was tired and concerned they still didn't get the IV in. I was in an uncomfortable position the whole ride in the airplane and ambulance. Once on the plane, they tried for the last time on the  IV. They finally got it, but I gushed out blood all over the nurse. It was very painful.  once at the hospital in salt lake, I was checked in and did blood tests. I had three doctors come in and do an ultrasound. They noticed that Ryker wasn't moving. They said the c-section couldn't wait. I was also told the baby might have something that could be fatal. I was scared, parker wasn't there, and they rushed me into the operating room. I was crying during the procedure, but my sister showed up right after they started. I am so grateful for her. I was a mess. Parker came in after Ryker was born. Ryker was born 7:31pm 3lbs 15.5" long. He is a cute little guy. We didn't get to see him until 2:00 in the morning. He is stable right now. They did lots of tests last night and today. We won't get results back for a few days. He is on a breathing tube, but he is so cute! Ryker is even a red head. Here are some pictures








2 comments: