Monday, October 13, 2014

October 10-13

Ryker has been having some good days that last couple of days. His breathing is improving and his cubbiness is gone. Even though I really like the cubbiness. On Friday, we found out that we got a new doctor team. Which is really good. Their goal is to get Ryker home as soon as possible. They really wanted to get the Gtube in this week and have him go home next week. I was very happy to hear that. We even did discharge class this weekend. It was a very busy weekend for all of us. It was Parker and I's anniversary on Saturday, so Parker came down this last weekend for the last time. It will be really sad not to see him until Ryker goes home. I hope it's not much longer. We went to lagoon for our date on Saturday. It was so busy we only went on one ride. But we did get to do four haunted houses which was fun. We dressed up in our Halloween costumes (ninja turtles). Many people laughed at us, and some people wanted to know where we got them. It was pretty funny. I guess we just like attention.  Everyone knows that Halloween is my favorite holiday!. We even won four ninja turtle heads for our like Ryker man.  They are totally awesome! Someday he will be able to play with them. Today, the surgeon came to talk to me about Ryker. He was concerned about his reflux and aspiration so we decided no Gtube this week. We are doing an experimental NG tube trial to see him he can tolerate the NG tube again. We really don't want to do the Nisson. Which is a little knot at the top of his stomach. Making it so he wouldn't be able to throw up.  I don't want to alter Ryker's little body for life so we are praying not to have to come to that decision. So we are looking at another three weeks. I am starting to not even get my hopes up at all for when he can come home. I am thinking he might be in the hospital until he is one.  Sad Day!!! Well we did do some family pictures this weekend. I hope you all enjoy them!







2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! He is so stinking cute, I fall in love even more every day! Keep the faith, twill be soon, and I will hold him as much as I can, Like Always!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is the cutest ninja turtle ever! The time spent in the nicu feels like slow motion...hang in there! Sending love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete