Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Currant Bush of my Life

In Sunday school, we were taught about a talk given by Elder Hugh Brown. It was a story of a gardener and a currant bush. Here is the video from mormon messages.


This talk hit me hard! All the complaining, misshapen, trials, disappointments, tears, frustrations, that currant bush story has been my life for the last year!!! I have often said, "how could you do this me?' Everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong, but Heavnly Father is the gardener. He knows what he wants my life to be. It is better then what I want my life to be. All the trials given to us are for a reason. One day I will find out all the reasons behind to all the crazy life stress from this last year.

I have been so focused on how I hate Utah. I have felt like suffocating from everything that has happened here in Utah. I have had choice words with my Heavenly Father. He knows my feelings, fears, and frustration with this place.  He is the one who is going to push me to become better. I have these trials to improve, become better, and make me more like Christ. I am grateful for the trials even though they are hard. I will thank God every day for them. Here is another video that hit me as I pondered on my trials and what I have learned from them. I know I have become stronger. I have more patience, more fight, and more determination to do the will of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment