Sunday, September 7, 2014

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday....Enjoy!!!

This has been a busy,stressful, timely, and exciting week.  On Thursday Ryker's little lungs collapsed. It was pretty scary. Thankfully I wasn't there. I would have been freaking out.The doctors just told me its because his lungs need to mature a little more. So that was the stress for the week.
Busy and timely, well its been both with breast feeding this week. I have felt frustrated with breast feeding. I know I am suppose to have the motherly breast feeding instinct and babies are suppose to have it as well. But for some reason Ryker and I just haven't figured it out. I was almost to the point of trying bottle feeding, until today. Today was the day!!!! We figured it out. I was so excited the nurses wanted to know what was going on. I am so proud of us. I hope tomorrow will be just as successful. Now we need him to tolerate volume.
On another note,, my  wonderful family through me a baby shower. It was a great day on Saturday. Lots of food and awesome baby stuff for Ryker. It was fun. Now for today's weight.... The numbers are in 4 lbs 10 ounces.. At this rate he will be 5lbs by next weekend... Here are the updated pictures as promised.

3 comments:

  1. He is more beautiful every day! I AM IN LOVE. So happy to have gotten the great news today, Heavenly Father is definitely watching over your little family and sending so many wonderful blessing. Yay, Ryker and Jess!! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is looking so cute! I just love a swaddled baby! Breastfeeding was so hard for me and it is for a lot of women. I'm so happy for you that you're making progress. I had to get lots of help and went to a support group for months. Kellymom.com is such a great resource and they even have a private online/facebook support group if you can't find a local group that fits your schedule. Praying for all of you!!

    ReplyDelete